The Greek Exporters Association (SEVE) was established in 1975 as a non-profit organization and is currently the largest association of exporting companies in Greece.
SEVE’s members include manufacturers, distributors and service providers of a broad spectrum of products and services. The membership base of SEVE includes more than 780 active and dynamic exporting companies and business groups throughout the Greek territory, with 70,000 employees and 20 billion euro export turnover, corresponding to 50% of the Greek exports.
SEVE’s mission is:
- to consolidate, protect and promote the professional, economic, social and ethical interests of its members
- to promote and support Greek products and services in foreign markets,
- to promote and support the development of international co-operation between Greek enterprises and those of other countries,
- to conduct market research in foreign countries,
- to collect and disseminate information and statistical data in order to inform its members,
- to cooperate with organisations worldwide and
- to implement European programmes that sustain the economic interests of its members.
In 1989, SEVE established the Institute of Export Research and Studies (ΙΕRS), which performs the following functions:
- monitor and analyse short-term international trade trends, especially focused on Greece and the EU-27
- provide reliable and continuously updated information about particular sectors and markets
- undertake sponsored and commissioned research projects on international trade issues
- cooperate with research institutions within Greece and abroad
- organize International Trade Conferences
The Association is awarded the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Quality Assurance Certificates and is also a certified by the Hellenic Ministry of Development, as a Beneficiary of Project Management Capacity responsible for initiating and implementing operations.