The Greek Exporters Association (SEVE) was established in 1975 as a non-profit organization and is currently the largest association of exporting companies in Greece numbering approximately 750 member – companies.
SEVE’s members include manufacturers, distributors and service providers of a broad spectrum of products and services with almost every country in the world.
SEVE’s mission is:
- to consolidate, protect and promote the professional, economic, social and ethical interests of its members
- to promote and support Greek products and services in foreign markets,
- to promote and support the development of international co-operation between Greek enterprises and those of other countries,
- to conduct market research in foreign countries,
- to collect and disseminate information and statistical data in order to inform its members,
- to cooperate with organisations worldwide and
- to implement European programmes that sustain the economic interests of its members.
In 1989, SEVE established the Institute of Export Research and Studies (ΙΕRS), which performs the following functions:
- monitor and analyse short-term international trade trends, especially focused on Greece and the EU-27
- provide reliable and continuously updated information about particular sectors and markets
- undertake sponsored and commissioned research projects on international trade issues
- cooperate with research institutions within Greece and abroad
- organize International Trade Conferences
In 2008, the Association has been awarded the ISO 9001 Quality Assurance Certificate and is also a certified by the Hellenic Ministry of Development, as a Beneficiary of Project Management Capacity responsible for initiating and implementing operations.
Moreover, SEVE is accredited by the International Association of Trade Training Organisations –IATTO and plays a crucial role in providing education through specialized seminars on export topics.