Statute of the Greek Exporters Association as it was reformed and coded from the General Assembly of the 21th of May 2018
I Establishment-Name-Place –Purpose
1. A Non Profit Association is established under the name “GREEK EXPORTERS ASSOCIATION”, which has been founded by the Act of Court of Thessaloniki, No. 677/1975. The Association holds an official round seal with its name and year of foundation – 1975 – and in its center the Head of Alexander the Great.
2. The registered office of the Association is in Thessaloniki, Greece. With the decision of the Board of Directors, the seat of the Association maybe transferred to another building, within greater Thessaloniki area and branch offices of the Association could be created in other cities of Greece or in foreign countries.
3. Scopes of the Association are as follows:
a. The consolidation, protection and promotion of entrepreneurial, economic, social and ethical interests of its member companies, mostly through the joint study and confrontment of sectoral problems, general or local, the application of ethical rules that condition the commercial and exporting companies.
b. The promotion and support of Greek products and services worldwide and the representation in Greece and abroad of the companies with international activity and the relevant sectors of economy.
c. The participation of the Association in general issues of National Economy aiming towards the economic development of Greece, and the promotion of Greek export products and services, as well as Greek investments, worldwide.
d. The study and research of the market situation, regarding exports, the collection of information and statistical data for their dissemination to the member companies, the participation in committees of formulation of financial policy and the intervention for the formulation of the national, European and international economic policy
e. The promotion of employment and entrepreneurship, the organization, promotion and support of education and training focusing on specialized and vocational education and training for entrepreneurs/professionals, employees working either on private or public sector, young people (inside or outside employment), dismissed and unemployed, and professional counseling and internship in business
f. The cooperation with European bodies and with corresponding labor associations, organizations and chambers of the European Union
g. The implementation of national, European and international programmes financed towards the improvement of entrepreneurial interests of its member companies
h. The co-operation with European bodies and institutions, organizations, chambers and relevant organizations mostly in the Balkan area
i. The participation in interbranch organizations and international associations or bodies in general, to promote the interests of exporters and, more generally, entrepreneurs with international activity
j. The contribution towards the economic, social and cultural development of the country.
For the achievement of its goals, the Association:
a. Addresses to Public Bodies and institutions of the wider Public sector, the Prefectural Administration, the co-operative organizations, the representatives of various social groups, regarding issues that concern the entrepreneurial interests of its member companies, for the establishment and application of decisions related to common professional, financial and social interests of its members and the interests of the society in general.
b. Organizes meetings for the exchange of opinions and the location of solutions to problems the member companies envisage. The Association also forms opinions regarding issues of general, sectoral or local interest.
c. Studies systematically and monitors the export and financial activity and the presence of Greek exporting companies worldwide by gathering statistic data and other relevant information material and by implementing respective researches and studies.
d. Promotes the activity of the Association and its members to the Press, organizes exhibitions, congresses and other events for the promotion of Greek products and services abroad, provides information regarding events organized in other countries of the world and enables to the possible extend the participation of its members in similar events.
e. The Association publishes information material addressed to its member companies
f. Conveys, as a representative of the member companies, their opinions to the relevant Ministries, Bodies of the European Union and organizations abroad, for the development of activities relevant to exports, co-ordinates its activities with other relevant associations or bodies, and in general it is activated towards the support of its scopes towards the Government, makes statements in issues that might have financial consequences in the field of international commerce and intervenes at government and state bodies that determine the financial policy of the country.
g. The Association also co-operates with other professional bodies, as a representative of employers negotiates the collective business contracts, participates at international bodies and in general proceeds with activities that serve the interest of its members and the status of the Greek companies at the international market.
h. Can act as an intermediary institution of management and implementation of national, European and international programs, which provide assistance for the export activity and supports the interests of Greek entrepreneurs worldwide.
i. For education/training/vocational counseling/internship (for example): provides information, designs, implements and manages educational programs (advisory, training, networking, etc.) provides consulting services through individual or group consultative process, conducts research and studies, produces and conducts training, educational and scientific tools, educates and creates a network of mentors, provides technical consulting services, promotes and organizes internship, organizes seminars, events, meetings, working with the European Union and the Greek government, European and international bodies and organizations, schools, universities, colleges, training bodies, professional associations, certification bodies and other association from Greece and abroad, teachers, professors.
j. Can, with the justified decision of the Board of Directors, found or participate in consortia or other companies, given that this action enables the achievement of its scopes. The foundation of another company or the participation of the Association in another company is not allowed to turn into its main activity or to lead to loss of its nonprofit character and its scopes
k. Can use any other legal mean, selected by the Board of Directors, towards the realization of its goals
1. The resources of the Association are as follows:
a) The subscriptions and the registration fees together with the special contributions decided by the Board of Directors and are obligatory for all the members
b) The income from the services of the Association to member companies such as publications, events of scientific or informative character, researches, data supply, etc.
c) The subsidies of national or European organizations or other bodies in Greece and abroad
d) The income from the assignment of studies/ researches on behalf of the Public sector, the EU, public or private bodies and from grants/ financial contributions/ donations aiming the support of the Association’s research work
e) The income coming from the management and implementation of national and European or other programs
f) The financial assets of the Association, as well as the interests of deposits of the Association in banks
g) Every exceptional income coming from legal sources, donations of persons or legal entities to the Association, heritages etc.
2. The registration fee and the subscription of the member companies, and in special occasions the amount of special contributions, are decided by the Board of Directors proposed by the Administrative Committee. The yearly subscription of new members is being submitted together with the registration fee, whether the subscription fee in the beginning of each calendar year.
3. It is forbidden for the Administrative Council to accept donations from political parties or trade-union organizations adhered to political parties.
The fiscal year for the Association begins on January 1st and expires on December 31st of each calendar year.
1. The President represents the Association in and out of court and in all its relations with the Public Authorities, the Legal Entities of Public and Private Law and to third parties in general, convenes the meetings of the Administrative Committee, the Board of Directors and the General Assembly, conducts the debates of the bodies and forms the table for the subjects of the daily agenda. When there are informative assemblies that a voting will not be followed, the President of the Board of Directors presides.The President signs the documents, the minutes, the payment orders and every document in general, controls the cashier, reports to the Board of Directors and the projects during his incumbency submits to the General Assemblies for approval the financial account, the budget, orders the collection of revenues and takes care of the Association’s interests in general.
2. In cases the President is not available, he/she is replaced by the first Vice-President, who can also be Executive Vice-President, and when the first Vice-President is not available he/she is replaced by the second Vice-President. The President may delegate some of his/her responsibilities to any other member of the Board of Directors, subject to a written authorization validated by the Secretary of the Association. The Administrative Committee can decide that a certain category of documents of the Association may be assigned to any member of the Administrative Committee or to the Director General or a person of the Association’s staff.